One recently found robust means of acquiring wealth and enjoying enormous business growth is in technology and the digital world. Projects aimed towards technology have changed the usual trends found in professional offices in IT. It shouldn’t bother anyone in any way because there has been a significant spike in the rate of evolution of technology in recent times, and this has forced specific roles in the IT world to transition to meet the demands that the increasing rate of technological development brings. This is why it is expedient for the chief experience officer to rank IT positions highly to ensure that its growth rate in digital and technology is top-notch and second to none.
A quick run through some of the IT roles to keep in your team
- Mobile developer; In recent times, the demand for this skillset has been high, and the reason is not far-fetched- an ever-increasing technology! These software developers have carved a niche for themselves in the aspect of mobile technology. They help to build specific applications for various mobile devices. They are vast with languages that have to do with programming, the development of software for their desired platform, and see that it is functionally maintained.
- Full Stack Developers; They are software programmers who are commonly tagged as the ‘jack of all trade’ because they can come in at different levels of development due to their versatility. They are known to work well with both the front end/client side and back end/server end. They are skilled in coding, optimize software, and even build databases and servers for software.
- Front end developers; One sole responsibility that these software engineers have is to focus on the ‘visitor’ aspect of the website. They would ensure that the interaction of visitors with the webpage is free of hassles and highly interactive; this way, they optimize users’ experience. They are behind the web page’s visuals, designs, and contents that keep users coming back for more.
- Back-end developers; These software engineers focus more on ‘behind the scene’ projects as they are responsible for building the technology that allows the user-side of the website to exist. They create databases, logic and also help to integrate data and various applications for the fully functional and smooth-running website.
- UI/UX Designer; In the course of interaction with a digitally displayed product by users, user experience designers are the ones who ensure that there is an optimization of user experience. They understudy users, acquaint themselves with users’ different behaviors, and then formulate a journey free of hassles for the user, leading them to fulfill their tasks. They also perform user interface roles, and this way, they help give an excellent design and facelift to the interface while making it as interactive as possible.
- Technical support specialists; They help to proffer solutions to the company’s concerns and that of the users. They help to install, configure and even update software and hardware. They are the first point of call when users need support.
In conclusion, it is important to note that these previously mentioned roles are vital to building a formidable tech team built for excellence.