Many things have changed in the hiring industry, and many things are going to change because the world of technology is continuously developing. According to the latest reports, more and more employers shift to hiring remote workers. This strategy is not new but took over the global economy in recent years like never before.
The advantages that one remote team offers are limitless. Incredible talent is part of these groups, and these talented individuals deliver successful projects. Remote teams have high skills and knowledge in different tech fields. Their ability to stay productive without extreme supervision is incredible.
Unfortunately, hiring is not that easy. Hiring managers and employers responsible for the job face difficulties all the time and have one primary role. To determine whether they found the right remote candidate for the job. Some say that finding out this is extremely hard and impossible during interviews, but if you know how to do it properly, it is not hard at all. Recruiters only need to ask the right questions and assign the right tasks. Here are some examples that for sure will end up in success.
- The answer to the following question will reveal a lot more than you hoped for. Ask the candidate what the most significant tasks that he or she often faces at work are. If the candidate gives a thoughtful answer, then it means that he or she is mindful and self-aware. Also, it tells us that this person is determined and wants to make improvements all the time.
- It is good to know about the daily routines and activities of your future employee. So, this is why you must ask about your candidate’s typical workday.
- Routines are essential as well, especially those in the mornings. Ask your candidate about their morning routines and what makes them look positively on things.
- Work-life balance is something every employee wants, and you, as an employer, must do anything in your power to allow and enable it. Find out about the activities your candidate does when he or she is not working.
- To stay healthy, both physically and mentally, one must know when the right time for switching off the computer is. Ask your candidate when does he or she leave work for good during the day/ night.
- Ask about task priorities – how they do it, in which way they do it, and how do they maintain it, all these questions will give you a level of the quality work your candidate does.
- Elaborate on your work environment – is a semi-question that employers must ask to find out the productive levels of candidates. If their answer includes, computer, internet connection, and other required tools for the job, then you have the right person.
- How do you overcome your challenges? – Remote work brings a lot of difficult challenges due to isolation, space, and many more. The answer here reveals the help techniques that the worker uses to stop external factors impacting the work.
- What keeps you away from distractions? – Distractions, while working remotely, appear all the time and are extreme productivity killers. The answer here reveals the techniques your candidate uses to stay away from them.
- How do you stay positive during the day? The negative mind takes away the productivity and stops you from thinking creatively. Your employees should never be negative regardless of the problem or challenge. Find out how they handle it.
- What do you do when you want to know something, but your team is offline? Your candidate should know a lot of techniques and strategies when it comes to this issue. Answers like “complete silence” and “waiting for them to get back online” indicate that this person may not be for you.
Candidates that will answer these questions without a single flaw and that will deliver the rightful answers are the real deal for you. Those can contribute a lot to your company and can bring additional success. Choose wisely.